Having a safe and family friendly environment is important to us at Koda. This is not just limited to the safety of our members, but also any children who are present at the gym during our group classes. As our member base and class sizes grow, we feel that it is important to establish some guidelines to ensure that we maintain a safe environment, as well as to preserve the integrity of the group class experience for all members. If you choose to bring your children with you to group classes, we need you to enforce these guidelines with your kids:
1. Parents must set their children up for success by letting them know where to go/where not to go and basic gym etiquette. Ex: “walk along the wall”
2. Children are not allowed on the gym floor during our group classes (unless they are in the class and able to follow directions).
3. All weighted equipment is off limits to children at all times.
4. Please help us keep the gym tidy. Please make sure you or your child has cleaned up after themselves before you leave the gym.
5. It is the parent’s responsibility to ensure that their children are following these guidelines. Coaches need to be focused on running the class and ensuring the safety & enjoyment of our members. A coach will let you know if your child has become a distraction to the class in session, and has the right to ask you to leave if it continues or becomes a safety issue.
6. Please do not bring your child if they are sick (runny nose, coughing, pink-eye, fever, or any other ailments).
7. Only children of current members are permitted.
Please have a conversation with your children before coming to class so that they understand what is expected of them. We love having families come to the gym together, and are looking out for the safety and enjoyment of all members. Thanks for your understanding!